Sunday, September 26, 2010

my goal was

to blog something everyday, even if it was just something small... i'm obviously failing BIG time! Anyway, I've been struggling a lot the last year or so with the way I look, and I know you're thinking "then do something about it" and don't think I haven't tried! Back in 08 I went to the Dr because I literally had no energy. I woke up went to work (at a desk job) forced myself through an hour work out came home and went to bed and normally didn't wake up until the next day unless my mom came in to get me for dinner. My Dr looked me over took some blood samples and told me to stop watching tv and go for walks instead. Um... were you even listening to me doc? I don't watch tv I can't even keep my eyes open for ten mins when I get home let alone sit and watch tv for hours on end! He gave me some 'weight loss' pills and told me that should help... it did give me insomnia :) but now I'm back to square one and I do not want to go back to a Dr and pay all that money just so he can look at me like some fat chick that just wants a magic pill because thats not what I want, I'm willing to work hard for it, in fact this spring I got a gym buddie and we went every morning for at least an hour and I was sweating my butt off, started watching what I was eating and stopped soda for a couple months ( I did have my wedding coming up and I wanted to look fab) well 5 months later my buddie was down 15lbs and a bunch of inches and was buying new jeans and I... well I was inch for inch pound for pound exactly the same, actually I think I even gained a pound and almost didn't fit in my wedding dress anymore!!!! So then I'm stuck in this whats the point of working out and dieting if nothings going to happen after 5 months, another month wont change anything! Being over weight is the hardest struggle I've had to deal with in my life, other things happen that are horrible but I learn to move on and it gets better... this, well no matter what I do it wont go away! I know that people look at me differently because of my weight, and that I'm not really accepted by society since my BMI is 2 points away from obese! I feel like I look pretty until I see a mirror or even worse my picture!! So tomorrow it starts again.. 5am dates with the gym, and if nothing happens I guess I'll find a new Dr and go back and hopefully get something figured out.... . 
 Photobucket




2 comments:

  1. Ash,

    I was having the same problem, but I was gaining weight like CRAZY. Anyway, I went the rounds with doctors too, but I finally found a decent one.

    She did a bunch of blood tests( like, a TON) to test for things like thyroid problems, insulin problems. She actually shows you the test results and makes a plan for how it's going to get better. So I have to take a bunch of pills ( because I had a LOT of issues, haha) but I feel fantastic, plus I'm losing weight.

    Anyway, I sound like an informercial, but the place I go is in north orem, it's called Athena Womens Clinic ( all women doctors, which is kind of nice). I go to Esme Anderson but there are others. They have Saturday appointments too. The number is 801-225-5323. They take insurance too. Ok, I'm done. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candace, THANK YOU! My Dr blows!! I'll have to give them a call and Saturday appointments would be great!! I'll have to let you know how it goes, lol I get so nervous for the dr I'm not sure why...

    ReplyDelete