Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Airports

Last weekend as I was walking through the airport and thinking about how much more enjoyable it would be if people weren't so annoying I thought 'hmm I should blog this and see if anyone else thinks this way.' so here I am. Check in took only about 15 seconds thanks to online check in :) I then went off to the security line, which wasn't really that bad either. It could have been that it was 7am on a Saturday morning but who knows, I think the bigger pain at the security check is making sure I remembered to put EVERY little item that has liquid in it into that little zip lock back they give you. The waiting in line and standing in that weird 'body scanner' machine weren't that big of a deal and the scanner didn't add very much time at all. I do think its strange however that SLC airport makes everyone go through there and the Vegas airport I only saw one and it wasn't even in a line! Anyways I'm just going to make make a quick list of things I like about the airport and things I don't like so much!  

Dislikes: 
1. People walking in front of you that just randomly stop for no reason and you crash into their suitcase and then they glare at you! 
2. The fact that certain airports make you check in at least 45mins before your flights boarding time and you then just sit at the gate for 35 waiting to get on the plane only to find out your flight is late.
3. Screaming kids... its almost as bad as walmart! 
4. Being charged to check my bags, can't you give me just ONE bag for free?? I mean I can't take anything in my carry on more that 3oz of liquid so how am I supposed to get my shampoo and hairspray to my final destination?! Big fat SCAM! 
5. The snacks on board... I mean come on you really can't even give me the entire soda? I know its only like 25 cents a can and I did just pay 400 for my flight so... 
6. Being charged twice as much for fast food just because they can!

Likes:
1. The people watching
2. Meeting a few new friends on the flight
3. The fact that if your at an airport you are either about to go on vacation or just had a vacation
hmm... I think thats all I got 

Anyways I didn't say it was amazing and hopefully I'm not the only one that feels this way! 

1 comment:

  1. I totally feel that. I'm not looking forward to flying the next time and dealing with the extra security, thats mostly what I hate the most.

    I know what you mean about people walking in front of you and stopping. The funny part is they always seem to speed past you, and then stop.

    What??

    ReplyDelete